May 01, 2021 Video
This dish is somewhat thrown together and makes the most of leftover vegetables from the bottom of the fridge with the addition of some quince, one of my Autumn favourites. Roasted, drizzled with vino cotto, and of course a flourish of extra virgin olive oil and served with my favourite cut of chicken. Delicious!
Roasted Vegetables with Quince and Chicken Thighs
Ingredients Pumpkin, roughly chopped, skin on Garlic, peeled and chopped Onions, peeled and chopped Potato, chopped Quince, peeled, cored and chopped, and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil to stop discolouration Eggplant, chopped Celery, chopped 2 chicken thighs with skin on, at room temperature 2 tbsp butter 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp verjuice 1 tbsp vino cotto Pinch of salt Mint or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- Chop all vegetables to around the same size for equal cooking time and add to a bowl.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and add a pinch of salt and mix through, coating all the pieces.
- Place onto a greased cooking tray, leaving the celery aside for later, and place in oven, turning after 20 minutes, and roast for a total of 40-50 minutes until cooked and golden.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small frying pan and add a dash of extra virgin olive oil to stop the butter from burning.
- Coat the chicken thighs with virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- When the butter is golden, add the chicken thighs to the pan gently, skin side down first.
- Cook on gentle heat until golden brown and then turn to brown the other side.
- Place on an oven-safe plate or dish and cook for 10 minutes at 200°C.
- Once veggies are roasted, remove from oven and drizzle all over with vino cotto, add the celery and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- When the chicken thighs are cooked, remove them from the oven and drizzle with verjuice, and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Once veggies are finished, place them into a serving dish and garnish with mint or flat-leaf parsley.
- Place the chicken and juice on top and serve.
Join Maggie’s Food Club at https://www.maggiebeer.com.au/food-cl... Get the products at https://www.maggiebeer.com.au/products
Follow MB on Social... Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMagg... Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/maggie_beer/